Questions to ask a Home Inspector from NAR:
- What are the Top Capital Expenditure Issues?
- What are the Most Urgent Red Flags
- What’s the Inspector’s Background?
- Is the Inspector Certified?
- What’s the State of the Roofline?
- Is There Any Asbestos Present?
- Do I Need a Radon Test?
- What’s the Life Expectancy?
- How Are the ‘Bones’ of the House?
- How is the Soil and the Home Structure?
- Do You Expect Anything Behind Beyond the Walls?
- Are There Receipts of Annual HVAC Checks?
- What About the “Intangibles” of the Property?
Source: 13 Pertinent Questions to Ask During a Home Inspection(link is external) (Forbes, Dec. 21, 2020)
16 Questions to Ask a Home Inspector Before, During, and After a Home Inspection(link is external) (realtor.com®, Oct. 6, 2020)
Current Legal Issues
Home Inspectors Unregulated, Unlicensed as Thousands Move to State and Buy Houses(link is external) (News Center Maine, Apr. 22, 2021)
As Remodeling Surges, Electrical Issues Become a Nuisance(link is external) (REALTOR® Magazine, Apr. 19, 2021)
Ask the Experts: How to Take Care of Your Home Inspection While Following Proper Guidelines for COVID-19(link is external) (RIS Media, Jul. 10, 2020)
Eager Buyers are Skipping Home Inspections. Is it Too Risky?(link is external) (Nerdwallet, Mar. 23, 2021)
Top Home Inspection Issues Revealed(link is external) (REALTOR® Magazine, Feb. 23, 2021)
How a Home Inspection Protects You(link is external) (Forbes, Feb. 1, 2021)
Are Virtual Inspections in Your Future?(link is external) (Professional Builder, May 5, 2020)